Thursday, January 26, 2012

Facebook Verizon account responded on my FiOS problem!


Facebook Verizon account responded and ask me to fill out some for at http://www22.verizon.com/
Here is what I put there:

I am experiencing the following problem with my FiOS: cannot upload files >2-3 MB. 
Specifically:


- I cannot send attached file via e-mail if file is bigger than 3 Mb using my  verizon.net e-mailbox. I have showed that to tech support person using "showme" feature. (mailer return general network error (sudden disconnection or inactivity and so on)


- I cannot upload any videos on Facebook, the uploader works fast for 1st mb than  freezes trying reduce transfer speed endlessly. I plan to record that and post on my blog...
- and have huge delay of uploading any videos on YouTube. Some files I can upload 
10Mg - several hours because Chrome  can recover network errors and lost connection. Old browser (e.g. Safari, just report general network error)


I have ticket opened with Verizon VADQ08Z(2?)33S, but they cannot figure out what's wrong. I have this problem about 2 (!) years.


So far they suggested replacing router. I did. 2nd time for the last 2 years. The problem is still there....


Any my call to Verizon I have to show speed-test which is OK as it uses small files, router resetting/rebooting/reconnecting, Optimization from some Verizon site. Traceroutes were not suggested to do so far. I can do that if that helps, just tell me.


Testing with that... also I locked my account and cannot reset that as the way Verizon website does that does not work send my on some circle...


Home-agent I installed crashes often - no help what so ever.... 


 Is that a time to switch to Comcast?


HELP!


When I submitted that I got message "cannot process..."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Translate

About Me

My photo
Igor Trubin began his engineering career in 1979 as an IBM/370 systems engineer. He earned a Ph.D. in Robotics from St. Petersburg Technical University in 1986 and spent 12 years there as a professor teaching CAD/CAM and Robotics. He has published and presented more than 60 technical papers and conference presentations in robotics, artificial intelligence, IT performance, capacity management, anomaly detection, and FinOps. After moving to the U.S. in 1999, Igor worked at Capital One, IBM, and SunTrust Bank in senior engineering, architecture, and management roles. His 2002 CMG paper on exception detection received a Best Paper Award. He later developed Perfomalist.com, based on his original methods for anomaly, change-point, and trend detection, and created the online course “Performance Anomaly Detection.” At Capital One, he led development of cloud capacity-management and FinOps solutions, including the award-winning OptiCloud application. He has served on the CMG Board of Directors since 2015. Now semi-retired, Igor focuses on research, writing, and consulting. His current work expands his concept of the “Area of Normal Functioning” (ANF) from technical systems to human, orga