Another technician came to my house (in an hour or so after 1st visit) with the box of screwdrivers and with his own laptop.
He asked me to recreated the error on his laptop. That was a slowest Vista box I have ever used... and I had to search for a large enough file to attach. Found some "Verizon.bmp" 3 Mb file. And (Oh MIRACLE!) I was able to attached that file to e-mail. During my test the technician was on a call with other Verizon women which told him - oh that is not a FiOS problem.... I repeated the test with lager file that I have zipped to be sure it is not compressible like bitmap files as network can compress that itself to make that file smaller , and that test as well as another one showed the problem clearly; and Visualware test showed the same bad pattern of uploading process with large random pauses. But the Verizon women has already dropped the call. (In Russian we call that bad luck situation as "Visit Effect"...)
Anyway, technician admitted that the problem is still there and promised me to escalate that to "Programmers" .
He has left me the direct telephone of his manger so I do not have to go through the painful general customer support call again.
To be continued... Ironically
- ► 2017 (54)
- ► 2016 (61)
- ► 2015 (64)
- ► 2014 (117)
- ► 2013 (130)
- Cardinal attacks its reflection in our window - ty...
- iTrubin's Speech in the High School F.I.R.S.T. Rob...
- Small Airplane to assemble or big Car to disassemb...
- Collegiate Middle School (Richmond VA) Choir Conce...
- Collegiate Upper School (Richmond VA) Choir Concer...
- The version of hydrogen explosion in Tunguska
- The outflow of hydrogen from bowels of the Earth: ...
- Freestyle skiing and snowboarding (Breck, CO) in s...
- One Hour Winter in Richmond, VA 2/2012
- Hudson Birds AND Dogs
- Freestyle skiing and snowboarding (Breck, CO) Part...
- Nightlife in Wilmington, OH: Raccoon!
- FiOS issue, hopefully it is the final update - FIX...
- FiOS issue update 4. Ironically Verizon.bmp 3 Mb f...
- FiOS issue update 3
- FiOS Issue Update 2
- I have the upload problem with Verizon FiOS. Canno...
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (54)
- I started my career in 1979 as an IBM/370 system engineer. In 1986 I got my PhD. in Robotics at St. Petersburg Technical University (Russia) and then worked as a professor teaching there CAD/CAM, Robotics and Computer Science for about 12 years. I published 30 papers and made several presentations for international conferences related to the Robotics, Artificial Intelligent and Computer fields. In 1999 I moved to the US and worked at Capital One bank in Richmond as a Capacity Planner. My first CMG paper was written and presented in 2001. The next one, "Global and Application Level Exception Detection System Based on MASF Technique," won a Best Paper award at CMG 2002 and was presented again at UKCMG 2003 in Oxford, England. My CMG 2004 paper about applying MASF technique to mainframe performance data was republished in the IBM z/Series Expo. I also presented my papers in Central Europe CMG conference and in numerous US regional meetings. I continue to enhance my exception detection methodologies. After working more than 2 years as the Capacity Management team lead for IBM, I had worked for SunTrust Bank for 3 years and then got back to IBM holding for 2+ years Sr. IT Architect position. Currently I work for Capital One bank as IT Manager for IT Capacity Management group. In 2015 I have been elected to the CMG (http://www.cmg.org) board of directors,The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.