Friday, June 27, 2014
Friday, June 20, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- ► 2016 (61)
- ► 2015 (64)
- My Wish I Asked Santa Claus in November 8, 2013...
- Eating raw oysters - Chesapeake va
- Saturday at the Atlantic beach
- Driving to Les Diablerets, Glacier 3000, Switzerl...
- Blowing your own art glass at Corning Museum of Gl...
- Corning Museum: Braking Glass Demo
- My happy Father's day!
- Switzerland Countryside near Bern
- SnagAjob Best Ping-Pong players
- Bill and Friends Unplugged, Kill Devil Hill, NC lo...
- Company Fun Day at Manakin Sabot, Richmond
- Richmond's Broad Appetite - 2014
- Driving along the Dead Sea and Looking from the Ca...
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2013 (130)
- ► 2012 (122)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (54)
- I started my career in 1979 as an IBM/370 system engineer. In 1986 I got my PhD. in Robotics at St. Petersburg Technical University (Russia) and then worked as a professor teaching there CAD/CAM, Robotics and Computer Science for about 12 years. I published 30 papers and made several presentations for international conferences related to the Robotics, Artificial Intelligent and Computer fields. In 1999 I moved to the US and worked at Capital One bank in Richmond as a Capacity Planner. My first CMG paper was written and presented in 2001. The next one, "Global and Application Level Exception Detection System Based on MASF Technique," won a Best Paper award at CMG 2002 and was presented again at UKCMG 2003 in Oxford, England. My CMG 2004 paper about applying MASF technique to mainframe performance data was republished in the IBM z/Series Expo. I also presented my papers in Central Europe CMG conference and in numerous US regional meetings. I continue to enhance my exception detection methodologies. After working more than 2 years as the Capacity Management team lead for IBM, I had worked for SunTrust Bank for 3 years and then got back to IBM holding for 2+ years Sr. IT Architect position. Currently I work for Capital One bank as IT Manager for IT Capacity Management group. In 2015 I have been elected to the CMG (http://www.cmg.org) board of directors,The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.