Thursday, January 26, 2012
Facebook Verizon account responded on my FiOS problem!
Facebook Verizon account responded and ask me to fill out some for at http://www22.verizon.com/
Here is what I put there:
I am experiencing the following problem with my FiOS: cannot upload files >2-3 MB.
- I cannot send attached file via e-mail if file is bigger than 3 Mb using my verizon.net e-mailbox. I have showed that to tech support person using "showme" feature. (mailer return general network error (sudden disconnection or inactivity and so on)
- I cannot upload any videos on Facebook, the uploader works fast for 1st mb than freezes trying reduce transfer speed endlessly. I plan to record that and post on my blog...
- and have huge delay of uploading any videos on YouTube. Some files I can upload
10Mg - several hours because Chrome can recover network errors and lost connection. Old browser (e.g. Safari, just report general network error)
I have ticket opened with Verizon VADQ08Z(2?)33S, but they cannot figure out what's wrong. I have this problem about 2 (!) years.
So far they suggested replacing router. I did. 2nd time for the last 2 years. The problem is still there....
Any my call to Verizon I have to show speed-test which is OK as it uses small files, router resetting/rebooting/reconnecting, Optimization from some Verizon site. Traceroutes were not suggested to do so far. I can do that if that helps, just tell me.
Testing with that... also I locked my account and cannot reset that as the way Verizon website does that does not work send my on some circle...
Home-agent I installed crashes often - no help what so ever....
Is that a time to switch to Comcast?
When I submitted that I got message "cannot process..."
- ► 2016 (61)
- ► 2015 (64)
- ► 2014 (117)
- ► 2013 (130)
- FiOS Issue Update
- This is the update of my previous Verizon FiOS pro...
- Facebook Verizon account responded on my FiOS prob...
- FiOS upload problem: my personal battle with Veriz...
- Thai Soccer (Men) / Volleyball (Women) on the Flor...
- Freestyle skiing and snowboarding on the half-pipe...
- Beach Thai Soccer (Men) vs. Beach Volleyball (Wome...
- Slow motion snowboard/ski jumping at Breakenridge,...
- Colorado Winter Vacation: Denver, Breckenridge, Si...
- "Sewer overflows... contact with (Hudson) water m...
- Buttermilk Trail, James River, Belle isle, Hollywo...
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (54)
- I started my career in 1979 as an IBM/370 system engineer. In 1986 I got my PhD. in Robotics at St. Petersburg Technical University (Russia) and then worked as a professor teaching there CAD/CAM, Robotics and Computer Science for about 12 years. I published 30 papers and made several presentations for international conferences related to the Robotics, Artificial Intelligent and Computer fields. In 1999 I moved to the US and worked at Capital One bank in Richmond as a Capacity Planner. My first CMG paper was written and presented in 2001. The next one, "Global and Application Level Exception Detection System Based on MASF Technique," won a Best Paper award at CMG 2002 and was presented again at UKCMG 2003 in Oxford, England. My CMG 2004 paper about applying MASF technique to mainframe performance data was republished in the IBM z/Series Expo. I also presented my papers in Central Europe CMG conference and in numerous US regional meetings. I continue to enhance my exception detection methodologies. After working more than 2 years as the Capacity Management team lead for IBM, I had worked for SunTrust Bank for 3 years and then got back to IBM holding for 2+ years Sr. IT Architect position. Currently I work for Capital One bank as IT Manager for IT Capacity Management group. In 2015 I have been elected to the CMG (http://www.cmg.org) board of directors,The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.