Wednesday, July 20, 2011
The FIRST Robotics Competition at VCU, Richmond VA; 2011
John J.("Blue Cheese" team member) invited me and Arvid to Siegel Center at VCU to watch how competition is going.We got lucky having VIP tour there! So video has rules explanation and the "Blue Cheese" (one of the best team) successful performance.
(By the way I have created this video by combining several fragments recorded by Flip. This time I, first uploaded them to YouTube (short clips are easier to upload); then I combined them using YouTube Editor. That took more than one day to process (!), but was done off-line on the "cloud" without using my computer resources!)
- ► 2016 (61)
- ► 2015 (64)
- ► 2014 (117)
- ► 2013 (130)
- ► 2012 (122)
- "This is the way to kill a wife; with kindness." -...
- Shakespeare in Richmond VA, 2011
- Vintage cars show came to my neighborhood. My 1st ...
- The FIRST Robotics Competition at VCU, Richmond VA...
- NC beach 2008 Vacation: Jeep on sand,wild horses, ...
- Annapolis, Maryland - vacation 2011 begins
- Billiard Game
- Interview in american bar with former soviet execu...
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2010 (54)
- I started my career in 1979 as an IBM/370 system engineer. In 1986 I got my PhD. in Robotics at St. Petersburg Technical University (Russia) and then worked as a professor teaching there CAD/CAM, Robotics and Computer Science for about 12 years. I published 30 papers and made several presentations for international conferences related to the Robotics, Artificial Intelligent and Computer fields. In 1999 I moved to the US and worked at Capital One bank in Richmond as a Capacity Planner. My first CMG paper was written and presented in 2001. The next one, "Global and Application Level Exception Detection System Based on MASF Technique," won a Best Paper award at CMG 2002 and was presented again at UKCMG 2003 in Oxford, England. My CMG 2004 paper about applying MASF technique to mainframe performance data was republished in the IBM z/Series Expo. I also presented my papers in Central Europe CMG conference and in numerous US regional meetings. I continue to enhance my exception detection methodologies. After working more than 2 years as the Capacity Management team lead for IBM, I had worked for SunTrust Bank for 3 years and then got back to IBM holding for 2+ years Sr. IT Architect position. Currently I work for Capital One bank as IT Manager for IT Capacity Management group. In 2015 I have been elected to the CMG (http://www.cmg.org) board of directors,The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.